Job Location: Hazleton, PA
The Hazleton Plant of The Hershey Company, a manufacturer of chocolate and confectionary products, has an immediate opening for an Industrial Controls Technicians.
The qualified applicant must have a minimum of two years education in electrical technology or a minimum of four years of recent experience in the maintenance of control equipment and instrumentation used in manufacturing control systems.
The applicant will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Read and comprehend electrical and instrumentation drawings.
- Competence with Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers (SLC, PLC, and ControlLogix families), Siemens STEP 7, as well as Human/Machine Interfaces (HMIs) such as AB PanelView, FactoryTalk View, Intellution FIX, and Wonderware.
- Troubleshoot PLC programs and be able to make programming changes when required.
- Understanding of industrial power circuits, installation practices, and general OSHA Safety practices.
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and calibrate instrumentation such as temperature sensors, pressure sensors, pressure switches, temperature switches, weighing systems, in-line analyzers, valve actuators and positioners.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot motor control systems including VFDs, servos, and robotic systems.
- Understanding of networking protocols and hardware (switches, routers, firewalls).
- Abide by GMPs as related to working in a food production facility.
Experience with standard Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook is required.
Qualified Industrial Controls technicians are eligible to receive a $6,000 sign-on bonus. The successful candidate must be available for all shifts as well as daily and weekend overtime. Pre-employment drug testing, aptitude testing, and criminal background check will be required of all qualified candidates.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Compensation TypeFull Time - Hourly
ExperienceAt Least 2 years