Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
As an IT Systems Analyst, you are part of the SMT IT Demand Area and work with SMT business units providing and supporting business process analysis, application design and development, and project management within Sandvik Materials Technology. The position reports to the Regional Demand and Delivery Manager, Sandvik Materials Technology, a department with responsibility for strategic IT solutions.
The IT Systems Analyst will provide system support by acting as the Level 2 and/or Level 3 onsite or remote point of contact for manufacturing, sales, and financial systems such as ERP, integration, data collection, reporting, document management, and more. You will also work with both internal and external business partners to deliver enhancements to existing systems and software through change management process.
IT Systems Analyst responsibilities include:
- Collaboration and coordination of implementation and upgrades for onsite systems through life cycle management and working with multiple level of management and colleagues
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Suggest and contribute in Continuous Improvements
- Follow established processes and instructions and contribute to following applicable Service Level Agreements
- Maintain knowledge of and documentation for all work processes and procedures to support continuity of service and redundancy of skills and capabilities
- Participate in / Lead IT aspect of Local, Regional, and/or Global projects
- Collaborate with global counterparts and with regional/local IT groups to ensure that IT solutions are fully in line with the global Sandvik IT Strategies
- Other day to day assignments as issued by Sandvik Materials Technology
You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent education and/or experience, 3-5 years of relevant experience, and strong technical documentation skills. Specific training and education in programming languages both Web development and iSeries integrated solutions (Java, SQL, iSeries RPG, CL, Microsoft .NET Technologies)and database systems (DB/400, SQL) are required, as is knowledge of various software applications (including Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint) and ERP systems, especially in an iSeries environment (ERP LX/BPCS would be preferred).
You are a driven and enthusiastic self-starter, with a high attention to detail and excellent planning and organizational skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to change, and are extremely motivated. You have a highly developed ability to prioritize tasks and are confident in your decisions, and comfortable working under limited supervision. You are proactive and creative, decisive when the situation calls for it, and dedicated to applying new technological developments and concepts within the business. Your communication skills (verbal and written) are excellent and you are comfortable presenting in front of colleagues of all levels. You thrive in a global matrix organization and a strong team player with an excellent multi-cultural awareness.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/careersto apply to the IT Systems Analyst position, JO #351926