1. Apply paint/powder coating to various vent products
2. Prepare surface with cleaning solution to remove oil, dust, dirt, etc.
3. Use spray guns to paint product. Adjust nozzles to obtain proper dispersion of spray
4. Check flow of paint
5. Inspect product for flaws and bubbles
6. Runs imperfection inspection prior to and after cure process
7. Follows required cure procedures
8. Clean all equipment at the end of shift
9. Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
10. Assist packing area as needed
11. Other duties as assigned
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
– Humility: Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one’s own importance; putting the needs of another person before your own and thinking of others before yourself
– Results Orientation (Get It Done): Having a work ethic and a way of overcoming challenges and getting things done without making excuses; delivering on results and does what he/she says they will do
– Customer Focus: Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to achieve positive outcomes
– Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
– Proven experience as painter/ powder coater or similar position
– Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
– Excellent organizational skills
– Great communication and interpersonal abilities
– Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Temperature is varied to the temperature outside due to open doors and garages. This position exposes employee to extreme heat.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Certain tasks requires standing for entire shift.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Schedule can be subject to change.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory-related experience. Prior painting experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably with powder coating.
Olympia Chimney Supply, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation TypeFull Time - Hourly
ExperienceAt Least One Year
QualificationHigh School Diploma