The personal care attendant provides direct resident care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Assist residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping, laundry, and other daily chores. Position may involve assisting residents with medication administration.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the following homemaker and personal care responsibilities to residents, under the direction of a licensed nurse, in order to maintain health and independence of resident:
- Personal hygiene including: skin care, nail care, oral care
- Dressing/ grooming
- Performs housekeeping duties as needed: cleans resident rooms, empties trash, strip and launder resident beds
- Do personal laundry for residents
- Responds to resident concerns regarding safety, medical and emotional well-being and reports any concerns to nurse.
- Maintains resident’s privacy and dignity, and respects the resident’s right to confidentiality.
- Prepares residents for meals, serves food trays to residents and assists with feeding when Makes sure residents are clean after completing their meal.