Setting the stage for learning
As a teacher at Bright Horizons East Mountain Child Care Center located in Wilkes-Barre, you will help curious, young minds discover the joy of learning. Our curriculum engages both teacher and child in an exciting journey of discovery. You’ll partner with a fellow educator to design fun and exciting educational experiences that recognize and foster each child’s individual interests while nurturing the whole child—their social/emotional as well as cognitive development.
At Bright Horizons, you’ll also find opportunities to experience personal and professional breakthroughs of your own. As a company with a learning culture, you will discover your full potential through state-of-the-art online training, leadership development and tuition reimbursement. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
How will you prepare our future generation?
What you will do as a Preschool Teacher
- On any given day you might find yourself building a castle with blocks, exploring STEM concepts such as gravity or velocity, or planning an herb garden alongside children
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughter and experience the wonder of children engaged in experiences you planned
- Work with co-workers to develop creative hands-on activities and projects based on your observations of children’s interests and skills
- Communicate with parents on a daily basis, sharing their children’s latest adventures, achievements, and progress through a variety of avenues, including mobile technology and personal discussions
- Live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork
Compensation TypeFull Time - Hourly
ExperienceAt Least 2 years
QualificationHigh School Diploma