The Maintenance Assistant must be responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment and supplies of the facility; orders supplies and inventories through the maintenance department; must cooperate with other employees and department heads, and will at times be in contact with residents and tenants of the facility.
- Maintain the building in compliance with federal, state and local laws and codes.
- Keep the fire alarm and emergency generator and compressors in good working order.
- Keep the building in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling, bad weather, etc., exhausting and air conditioning units clean and in good working order.
- Perform monthly maintenance checks of buildings, grounds and facilities.
- Perform most maintenance tasks and repair work such as plumbing, heating, electrical, carpentry, painting, minor vehicle repairs, equipment repairs, grounds and snow removal.
- Maintain the exterior grounds, roadways, sidewalks, and parking lots.
- Be on call for emergencies and be able to take responsibility of Maintenance Supervisor when they are not available.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor, Director of Plant Operations, Administrator or Assistant Administrator.
- The Maintenance Assistant must be at least 18 years of age.
- At least two years of experience in the maintenance field is desired.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Compensation TypeFull Time - Hourly
ExperienceAt Least 2 years